Visit Silver Ven Capital for macro stock market calls

Followers

Dec 8, 2011

TNA, SPY

VST market signal is sell short. I sold TNA @ 46 short. However, I am not happy as only 1/3 of my order was filled. TDAmeritrade has this stupid policy of reviewing the sell short order before execution. Sometimes the review completes in less than 10 seconds, sometimes it takes more than a minute. In this case, the latter is what happened. I am not happy on one hand but atleast 1/3 got filled. The other 2/3 of the order is still "working"but I doubt it will be filled. Either way, this sell signal is good. So if I get higher prices, I may opt to sell SPY short. I will make a detailed post this weekend on short selling stocks. Later!

Stop for TNA will be at 46.99$.

2 comments:

  1. Sold short 2/3 rd of the TNA at 45$ at lower prices, like a loser. The stop for the whole order now will be 46.25$.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Covered 1/3 at 44.1$. Trailing stop of 1.5% from 44.75$ for 2/3 of the position.

    ReplyDelete